We want to build a better Nottingham, through actions and deeds rather than bricks and mortar.
By better, we mean:
- More people helping others
- Fewer people feeling lonely, cut-off and isolated
- More people taking pride in their city
Did you know…
- Over half (51%) of all people aged 75 and over live alone
- A third (36%) of people aged 65 and over in the UK feel out of touch with the pace of modern life and one in 10 (9%) say they feel cut off from society and trapped in their own homes
- 9% of people who are lonely no longer eat properly
- Loneliness is as bad for an older person’s health as lifelong smoking and alcoholism
- It is worse for an older person’s health than obesity and inactivity.
- It can increase the likelihood of degenerative illness such as Dementia.
- Loneliness is believed to increase the onset of Alzheimer’s by 50%, which costs the NHS £20 billion per year.